MyScript FormProcessor is a Windows server-based package of modules designed to process forms by using MyScript handwriting recognition technology.
- perform handwriting and check-box recognition,
- give recognition accuracy scores and raise information flags to build a decisional system optimizing validation and correction,
- store and export recognition results.
Interfaced with the form processing solution environment through HTTP(S) requests, the MyScript FormProcessor server processes digital ink from any digital writing device, like digital pens and paper, tablet PCs, digital paper pads or tablets.
Form processing workflow
- Digital ink:
The ink information can be gathered from any digital pen and other digital writing device such as tablet PCs for instance.
- Form template:
The form template describes how the form is laid out , where are located the fields which will contain the information to be processed, and what are the characteristics of these fields:
- the type (text, boxed characters, check marks) ,
- the character set used to write (digits, symbols, lower case letters, upper case letters,…),
- the linguistic resource attached to the field, i.e. what is the expected recognize information (telephone number, date, elements of a lexicon).
MyScript FormProcessor uses this information provided by MyScript FormModeler, which produces a form model in XML format.
This allows MyScript FormProcessor to the configure handwriting recognition: which fields are where and what resources should be used to recognize their contents.
- Process with handwriting recognition:
MyScript FormProcessor dispatches the information in the appropriate fields according to the structure of the form made beforehand with MyScript FormModeler and converts the handwritten content.
Results of each field come with the recognition accuracy scores and information flags to build a decisional system optimizing validation and correction.
The data is stored in the MyScript FormProcessor internal database. The user exports this data in XML format.
Available language packs
MyScript FormProcessor supports all MyScript Lingo packs*.
* Vietnamese and Czech available in 2010
For more information: